Please note that from 1 April 2017 Northbrook College and City College Brighton have merged and become the Greater Brighton Metropolitan College. This will provide new, exciting opportunities for both our staff and students, building on our shared values of ambition, diversity, inclusivity, community and creativity.
Work Experience Coordinator
*salary subject to College's job evaluation process
Interviews will be held w/c 6/8/18
We are seeking to appoint several Work Experience Coordinators to support the College in building the capacity and capability to delivery high quality work experience and industry placements for students on vocational full time Study Programmes. We have an opportunity for a number of new Work Experience Coordinators to join our expanding Careers and Employability team here at The MET.
These are key roles which will help prepare our learners for the world of work, and we are looking for people who are enthusiastic and dedicated to helping young people succeed, with excellent organisational skills, and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
As a Work Experience Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- The planning, promotion, preparation and tracking of work placements, industry placements, work related projects, and other employability activities.
- Providing an efficient liaison service between employers, students and course tutors
- Working with employers to assess candidate suitability for placements
- Working with students to ensure they are fully prepared, on both a 1:1 and group basis
- Evaluating placement impact on learning and progress
Various full time and part time posts are available, with term only working (40 weeks) also considered
Post 1: 37 hours per week (Brighton)
Post 2: 30 hours per week (Brighton)
Post 3: 18.5 hours per week (Worthing)
Post 4: 25.5 hours per week (Worthing)
For further details of this role please click on the Job Description above.
Please note that we do not accept CV applications and you must complete our online application form to be considered for this position.